Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Over-Invited

This blog is basically an addendum to Impersonal Greetings.

Today I got a greeting on Facebook through a new app. However, when I went to claim my greeting, I found I would not be able to get it unless I sent a greeting to 15 of my friends.

I was immediately filled with doubt regarding the greeting I got. Was it really a personal greeting for me? Or did my friend need to greet me in order to get the greeting from his friend? Frankly, the thought that someone was forced to greet me is even worse than getting a holiday card from someone who just sent it to his whole mailing list. At least it was intentional and not sent to me under duress.

Needless to say, I logged out of that app, so I don't know what greeting I got. Or didn't get.

BTW, if you are wondering how many of my colleagues contacted me after my last post regarding the meeting my company is attending this week, the answer is none. I hereby officially concede that I am ahead of the curve.

No comments: